When it all started!!

It is really hard to recall that when was the first time I noticed tremors. I guess it was the time when I was 6-7 years old. It was not an issue at that age. I hardly knew what tremors are or that my hands tremors.  And I think the lack of awareness is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. At that time I was very small to understand why some things were hard for me to do while they were so easy for others.

I remember, my handwriting used to be so poor. I couldn't make those curvy English alphabets. Cursive writing was like a curse. I can remember those days when in every parent-teacher meetings my teacher used to complain about my handwriting. I was getting used to everything, even to those I had no idea about. Schooling is tough time especially the very start and the very end. For the first time, a child sets foot in the external world. And not every student is alike. I was a bit different, so are many children.

My handwriting didn't improve, my efforts were all for naught. I tried everything then finally one day I  decided that I will do everything in my power and I will improve my handwriting. I used to get scolded a lot for that to the point I used to cry every time I used to see my notebook. I took one of the practice books from my bookshelf and started filling it out. At first, it was not so good but after three-four books I had finally got a trick that the more pressure I apply on my hand while writing, more steady it became. I had finally solved the problem which troubled for like half of my childhood days.

Today, I have a very beautiful handwriting. Many of my teachers have complimented my handwriting. But this all too good story, is not really like it seems. Because of so much pressure and the sword of performing better in the school made me more anxious and it actually had a very bad impact on my index finger. A certain part of my finger from where I hold my pen has become hard, so when I write too much it pains really bad.

I hope I had known this fact at that time, maybe I would have followed a different approach. So I just want to ask the person who is reading this whether you are a student who is suffering from this or a friend who is going through this problem or a parent or even a teacher, please look out, pay attention. Understand the problem and help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When anxiety attacks!

Another Day!